Managers as a Decision Maker Everyone in an organization makes decision, but the decision making is particularly important in a manager’s job. Decision making is part of all four manager’s job. In fact, that’s why we say that decision making is the essence of management. It is also the major reason why managers-when they plan, organize, lead and control-are called decision makers. “decision making in management, decision making skills, business decision making, make a decision, decision making management”
The fact that almost everything a manager does involve making decision doesn’t mean that decisions are always time-consuming, complex or evident to an outside observer. Much of manager’s decision making is routine. Every day of the year you make a decision about when to eat dinner. It’s no big deal. You have made the decision thousands of times before. It’s a attractive easy decision and can generally be handled rapidly. It is the type of decision you almost forget is a decisions. Business Management
Managers make dozens of this routine decision every day, such as, for example, which employee will work, what shift next week, what information should be included in a statement or how to resolve customers complaint. Keep in mind that even though a decision seems easy to make or has been faced by a manager’s a number of times before, it still is a decision. The role of manager in a business is given below-
Managers as a Decision Maker
- Employee Retention: Effective leadership impacts an employee’s decision to remain or leave an organization. Thus, the decisions a manager makes have a convincing impact on the company’s overall worker retention numbers.
- Efficiency: A manager’s decisions typically impact however an workplace functions. this may alter the pace and consistency at that people are ready to work among the system. Peter F. Drucker during this book, “Management-Tasks, Responsibilities, practices,” explains that the decisions of a manager will speed or slow the pace of labor staggeringly. as an example, if a manager decides that additional work are going to be needed for every dealings processed by a sales representative, it’s going to block their pace. If a manager decides to take a position in automatic filing systems for process those self same sorts of forms, they’ll save the staff an oversized quantity of your time dashing up their work.
- Customer Satisfaction: A manager’s decisions will for the most part impact client satisfaction. First, social control decisions will affect effect on an employee’s job satisfaction, which successively has an effect on their client service. A 2002 study conducted by facet Communications and also the Radclyffe group found that people served by individuals reportage low levels of satisfaction with their job.
- Company Reputation: managerial decisions have an effect on the well-being of the whole company they decide for. Every day, managers are round-faced with necessary decisions concerning development, promoting and safety. Their judgment will build or break the corporate as a full.
- Managerial Job Security: On a a lot of small scale, a manger’s decisions impact his own live hold. Failure in judgment might not perpetually have employee’s consequences, however in some instances; poor decision-making will cause a manager to lose her job. Drucker explains that an organization cannot succeed with a proficient employees and valuable product; they have sturdy leadership to purpose their efforts within the right direction. There is more information about Strategic Planning Process in Business Management.